Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2



All of us sitting around the table for Thanksgiving Dinner.

WOW look at me!  Two posts in two days....
So Thanksgiving dinner with the Germans was a blast.  It was the 20 of us and everyone brought food.  We had many typical Thanksgiving foods which included: baked chicken, mac & cheese casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, broccoli & cheese, and many delicious deserts.  Everyone ate until they were full and of course there were leftovers.  For all of the Germans, it was their first time celebrating Thanksgiving and they all seemed to enjoy it very well.  I am so glad that we can share each other’s holidays and traditions and learn about each other’s lives in this way.  After everyone was finished eating, we went around the table and said what our favorite dish was.  Of course mine was the green bean casserole.  I believe it was the best green bean casserole I had ever eaten in my life.  Later we all shared about what we were grateful for and thankful for.  I shared that I am grateful that everything worked out for me to have the opportunity to be in Bolivia and to be able to help make a difference big or small.  Also, I am thankful to have such a great group of volunteers who have become like my family away from home.  Yea we have our disagreements and what not, but that is family.  I feel like we all have grown a lot closer and we usually have a fun time together.  Lastly, I am grateful for the willingness of everyone to want to learn about each other’s background and wanting to participate in each other’s holidays to help make Bolivia feel as much like home as possible for each one of us.  After a few manly competitions and singing some Christmas songs, we all cleaned up and washed dishes.  All the Germans said it was their favorite Thanksgiving they had ever had.  And after some thought, I believe it may have been one of my favorite Thanksgivings I had ever had as well.  I am really looking forward to Christmas……
Baked Chicken

Happy faces around the table

Amazing Green Bean Casserole

Justus Carving the first chicken

My Loaded Plate
Pumpkin Pie, Pumkin Cheesecake, Apple Crumb Cake

Desert Plate
A little singing After dinner......


No comments:

Post a Comment